Football - Club Background

The Willaston Football Club was formed in the year 1889 from workers at the Willaston clay pits on the North Para River.
In the early days players used to get changed under the Willaston Bridge,however in 1964 the club moved to Elliott Goodger Memorial Park which used to be a RAFF base and at a later stage a migrant hostel.
In 1977 the club moved to our present clubrooms.
The oval was changed from a cow paddock into one of the best ovals in the league.

Get in Touch

Gawler River Road Willaston

South Australia Australia 5118